Student’s Support College and Career Counseling
Applying to universities can be an exciting and challenging experience, but also a complicated, demanding and anxiety promoter one for many graduating students. ABAT provides all grade levels especially secondary students with career guidance to help them explore possible future careers and become lifelong learners and leaders in their society.
ABAT has a high rate of student acceptance to top universities in Lebanon such as American University of Beirut, Lebanese American University, Saint Joseph University, and Beirut Arab University. In addition, high achievers are offered full or partial scholarships to join reputable universities in Lebanon. Many students made it to their dream colleges in the United States, Turkey, Cyprus and other countries.
Over the years, career guidance service at ABAT supported by Al Makassed Support and Wellbeing Advocacy (SAWA) Unit- proved to be an effective service at school for all secondary students.
Career Guidance Services
ABAT school counselor guides students with career choices and helps them explore their interests, skills, and goals by:
- offering career awareness starting Grade 10 using reliable career tests
- organizing career information sessions
- securing visits to University campuses
- visiting university fairs and meeting with local/international representatives to learn about their majors
- applying for a scholarship offered by universities inside and outside Lebanon
- filling out university application forms
- providing recommendations and transcripts needed for applying
- giving preparatory courses for university entrance exams such as SAT,TOEFL, and IELTS